I have decided, when it comes to exercise (and the slogan from Tesco), every little really does help. Some of you may know that, due to health issues, I haven’t been able to exercise for months. Which has led to me hanging around the house on sunny days bemoaning that fact that I can’t go for my usual long walk.
Every Little Really Does Help
Well, the inability of not being able to do EXACTLY what I want to do is in danger of becoming an excuse for not doing anything at all.
When Andrew had dental surgery and was too ill to be left alone a week or so ago I found myself quietly pleased that I couldn’t go on the very short walks that I had promised myself I would try.
This last week has been a different story. There is no way I can allow myself to make half-hearted excuses. Yes I do have health problems which, until we can get to the bottom of them, are going to impact my desire to keep fit.
Yet that doesn’t mean that I can’t do ANYTHING!
So I’ve made changes. They really are ever so small, but I believe they are helping. Here’s what I’ve started to do:
- I use the upstairs loo when I’m downstairs and the downstairs loo when I’m upstairs. (As in I make the journey – I don’t point and shoot 😆)
- I’ve started walking into my nearest town. It’s less than a mile and downhill all the way, but it’s a start.
- I’m using a good old fashioned scrubbing brush to clean the kitchen floor instead of a steam mop.
- I’ve set a timer and I get up and move around the house every 30 minutes.
- I dance when music is playing – I do that anyway, but it’s a good tip.
- I do the washing up by hand.
None of the above is going to win me any an olympic medal, but they are all steps in the right direction. I’m going to keep moving forward, keep positive and keep striving for a healthier, fitter me.
This Week’s Weight Loss Video
Watch the above video to find out how the weigh in went this week, and to see how I reward myself for waking into town. See you next time, and remember – be gentle with yourself.
UPDATE: As important a subject as it is, I am keen for my blog to not centre around weight loss. I will therefore start sharing my weight loss journey with you every two weeks. I’ll still put a weight loss vlog up weekly on YouTube, but I’ll keep the blog updates to fortnightly. So the next blog weight loss update will be on May the 17th.